POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Worker / Handyman
You are at the heart of the hotel! As a Hotel Maintenance Worker, you will be part of a team that takes ownership of ensuring that our guests are provided with a memorable experience. Join us today and receive perks!
What’s in it for you:
- Subsidized employee accommodation for relocating individuals
- Reduced employee rates at Best Western International Hotels
- Learning programs through Best Western University
- Ability to make a difference through Best Western for a better World
What you will be doing:
Expected start date
- Maintain all assigned guestrooms and common areas to standard
- Take initiative to add a personalized experience for the guest
- Take ownership of guests’ privacy and belongings, while ensuring exceptional service
- Other duties as assigned
: Immediate Job Types
: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent Salary
: $17.05 per hour with performance increase after 6 months
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site gym & pool
- On-site parking
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- No weekends
- Minimum 1-year previous job experience
Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel. And to Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotels standard operating procedures. Continually work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments and fellow staffs.
MAINTENANCE WORKER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them as instructed by senior Maintenance Worker.
- Perform installations, assembling, fittings, repairs, and replacements as needed.
- Provide assistance to co-workers when needed.
- Install appliances and equipment.
- Set up for functions
- Minor janitorial duties, including, but not limited to daily garbage removal, recycling management, storage room organization and cleanup.
- Carpentry and general repairs such as fence work, drywall work, calking and sealing etc.
- Keep records of complete and incomplete assignments, providing details of the events contributing to incomplete tasks.
- Will be asked to work on weekends, holidays and late-night shifts.
To be able to work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. Ability to multi-task in busy environment and adheres to hotel the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Effective communication skills
- Able to stand, squat, kneel, walk etc., for extended periods of time
- Tolerance for chemical cleaning products
- Able to lift, push, carry and pull 50-100 lbs