Noting that the news is dominated by Coronavirus, I want to assure you that we have implemented increased guest room and hotel common area cleaning protocols and processes. Your health, welfare and safety are paramount when you stay at a Best Western hotel.
We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding the virus. Our focus is to ensure we meet your needs while doing our part to keep you, our employees, and our communities safe.
Here are some highlights:
- We have enhanced techniques used to clean guest rooms after each stay. We are paying particular attention to high touch point areas, to include key cards, public area computers, elevator doors and buttons, door handles, locks and latches, light switches, desk surfaces, telephones, television remote controls, and bathroom fixture handles.
- We have heightened sanitizing attention to their common areas, such as the front desk, breakfast room furniture and service items, and fitness center equipment.
- Mandatory masks in all public areas of the hotel.
- Evaclean disinfecting sanitizing system in use in all areas of the hotel including guest rooms.
- All local and provincial mandated policies and procedures are being monitored and adjusted as required.
In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our employees. This includes:
- If they are not feeling well or an immediate family member is not feeling well, we ask that they stay home to avoid passing it to others.
- Keep their hands clean and wash their hands properly. We ask that they use hand sanitizer whenever possible.
- Regularly wiping down and sanitizing their workspace.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle (proper diet, sleep and exercise) to help keep their immune system strong.
- Importantly, if they have flu-like symptoms, they are advised to consult a doctor and seek medical care.
We reassure you that we are taking every reasonable precaution to promote a safe and healthy environment. We truly appreciate the trust that you place in us when you chose to stay at our hotel.
Please note, due to COVID 19 the following are temporarily closed as of March 17, 2020:
- Hot Tub
- Pool Table